Caribbean Weddings »

Grenada Weddings

Contact Us »
Questions & Answers »
Terms & Conditions »

Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook Caribbean Weddings on Google + Tropic Breeze on Pinterest


Getting married in Grenda is simple as long as you can ensure you have all the necessary legal documents detailed below. From luxury hotels to beach weddings, we can help you get married in Grenada. 
Why get married in Grenada?
Grenada has a laid back charm and a slower pace to some of the busiest Caribbean Islands which makes it great for a relaxing honeymoon and ideal place for a chilled out wedding. Grand Anse Beach, with it's long stretch of white sand and lapping Caribbean sea is where some of the best hotels are located. There are superb restaurants to try including Rhodes, by Gary Rhodes, and Aquarium for delicious lobster BBQ's.
Both British Airways and Virgin Atlantic operate scheduled flights from London Gatwick with a short touch down in Antigua on the way. And with a choice of regional add on you can fly to Gatwick from elsewhere in the UK. If you are thinking of getting married in Grenada, we recommended you book as far in advance as possible as seat availability is limited because it is a shared route with Antigua.
From the laidback luxury of Laluna, to the wonderful beachfront suites at Spice Island Beach Resort, the choice of hotels is excellent for those looking to get married in Grenada.
Julia and her team at Caribbean Weddings can help you with your choice of hotel, island and itinerary on 01752 880880.
Getting Married in Grenada - the requirements in brief...
- To get married in Greanda you need to be present in the country for at least three working days to apply for a marriage licence from the office of the Prime Minister and the process usually takes two days unless once of the couple is a divorcee, in which case more time is required.
- Documents required: valid passport, original copy or certified copy of birth certificate, flight tickets or eticket information. If either party have been married previously then they are required to provide the original copy of Decree Absolute or a certified copy. If either party are widowed then a certified or original copy of the previous marriage certificate and death certificate is required. Any documents not in English require a certified translation. 
- Plus a sworn affidavat or letter from a clergyman, lawyer or registry, attesting that neither party has been married previously.
- If either party is under 18 years old, parental consent is required and a statutory declaration stamped and signed by a solicitor is required.
- If either party has had their name changed by deed poll, legal proof is required which has been certified by a solicitor or lawyer. This is also the case if a previously married woman has reverted back to her maiden name.
- If either party has been adopted then an original copy of the certificate is required, or a certified copy.
Now the legal bit is over, it's time to talk about the best bit, where are you going to choose in Grenada to get married? Call Julia and her team on 01752 880880 to talk through getting married in Grenada.