Getting married in Tobago can be simple if you ensure you have all the necessary legal documents detailed below.
for non-resident couples to get married in as little as three days with a Special Marriage Licence. To acquire a special license you must meet the following requirements.
- Both parties must be non-residents of Trinidad and Tobago.
- They must reside in this country three days before getting married.
- If divorced, the original or notarized copy of decree absolute must be presented.
- If widowed, please bring the original death certificate.
- Proof of name change where name differs of documents.
- Persons under the age of 18 must have documented consent from a parent or legal guardian.
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by certified English translations.
The licence costs US$55 (TT$337.50) and the fee must be paid in cash at the Inland Revenue Department, Scarborough